Monday, February 24, 2014

Why An Emergency Food Drawer Is Rarely For Emergencies.

23 February, 2014 & 24 February, 2014

¥14.00      Breakfast (Casa Miel Bakery)
¥2.00        A quarter of a pineapple on a stick
¥10.00      Laundry and Dryer
¥7.70       Bottle of Chilli Sauce
¥4.50       Lunch (College Dorm Restaurant)
¥18.00     Emergency Chocolate (Meltykiss)
¥175.00   Walmart
-
¥40.50      Breakfast (Cafe - Cappuccino and Sandwich)
(It was raining today so I had instant noodles for lazy lunch)
¥14.00        Dinner (Beef bone soup + Veggies + Rice)

Total: ¥285.70 ($54.40)

Weekly Total: ¥3971.40

Total Spend: ¥3971.40 ($756.45 AUD)

- - - 


Today was the first day we had rain, and apparently it's like Melbourne's weather patterns here. It's going to be raining for a few days which is a bummer. Anyway this is my emergency food drawer. After today's ordeal with setting up internet in my dorm, I can confirm that half of what you see here is gone. You think I'd know by now that having an emergency food drawer is probably not the best idea for me since I have zero self control.

I had also been struggling with the hard mattress for the past few days. I had resorted to stuffing a chair cushion under my hip, but I realised that sounded like a dumb thing to do for one whole year so I ended up carrying a mattress back home. 


This is what a good night's sleep looks like.


Tomorrow we'll be doing our oral and written test to see what level our Chinese is at. I was going to study but it's tomorrow and I really haven't looked at my book enough. I'm not too worried, it's only a placement test and I'm curious to see where my general level of Chinese is at.


No comments:

Post a Comment