Saturday, April 12, 2014

No. 10: My First Bad Day.

Thursday, 10 April 2014
Today was definitely not my best day.

1. I forgot I had an extra class (and arrived 1 hour late).

In China, if a teacher is sick and misses a class, they reschedule it. Today I forgot I had class until I checked my phone messages at 2pm. I immediately rushed to class, thinking I wasn't too late as it "started at 1:30pm" but after class finished at 2:30 I realised I had missed more than an hour. It actually started at 1:00pm.


2. I forgot my elective class started at 3 and not 3:30pm.

I've had class for two weeks already. I should have known.


3. My bag broke.

The screw that locks in my strap to the strap hook fell out. I can bash it back in so it looks fine, but it keeps falling out now. CRY.

4. My bottle leaked in my bag.

Wow, at this point I wasn't really disappointed or anything, I was just feeling very indifferent and somewhat bemused. Today had gone so badly, I was really curious to see what else could go wrong. Bring it on!!

5. The cobbler shrunk my favourite shoes.

I've had them for almost two years now and they are so ratty they make me look like a hobo wearing second hand leather shoes. But I loved them so much, so I brought them to the small cobbler's shop on campus to get them fixed. Another customer was saying they're so old I might as well buy a new pair! But I was determined. The cobbler said he could resole them, so I left them there and when I saw them again, polished and resoled for only 38 kuai I was pretty happy.

I took them home to try them on again, but something didn't feel right. 
I immediately noticed that not only did he chop off my old soles, he had to pull more of the leather in to stick on the new ones. And he didn't even stick it on well, because I could feel the bubbles of air trapped in my soles from where he had not glued properly.

FML.

I was really not happy, because they are my favourite, favourite shoes. But I guess it was a sign that I have to buy a new pair. I just didn't want them to die this way.

6. Tissue fail.

So because I was having such a bad day, at the supermarket while buying tissues I decided to spend a bit more buying the 'unique' tissues. I saw a pack of tissues labelled "Black Tissues" and I was so intrigued by it, I had to have it. Imagine that!! Black tissues!! So Cool!!
But when I went home and opened it, I realised the tissues were in fact normal, and it was just the packaging that was black.

Not only that, they smelt of man deodorant.

NEVER REST YOUR SPIRITS ON A PACKET OF TISSUES
THEY WILL ALWAYS DISAPPOINT YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mishymush face!
    -The vending machines are horrified with your betrayal! How could you even...
    -I am genuwinely empathetically devastated about your shoes... do let us know if we can help replacing them, but meanwhile on the humorous side, the cobbler was probably honestly thinking "No one has such giant feet! I'll fix the sizing problem this poor girl has been having for her as well!"
    -Speaking of fixing, I imagine you will be able to with your bag.
    -And tsktsktaskyoumissedaclass. You better have learnt your lesson and not EVER DO IT AGAIN OR THE IT WILL BE A SIGN THAT THE APOCALYPSE IS NIGH! The water spillage was just payback from the cosmic universe (the deeper significance of this would be that if you were actually in the middle of the gobi desert...)
    -We really missed you at a random dinner gathering tonight! Its just not the same without you and so I had to invoke the Mish through a bottle of Maggi. And then I ate you. :D

    ReplyDelete