Monday, March 3, 2014

Language Classes.

Tuesday 4 March, 2014 
¥3.00      Breakfast (Uni Restaurant)
¥18.00    Books and stationery
¥13.00    Lunch (Uni Restaurant)
¥30.00    Lunch 
¥50.00    Dinner (Hotpot)

Total: ¥114.00 ($21.70)

Weekly Total: ¥114.00

Total Spend: ¥4771.20 ($908.80 AUD)

- - - 


Homework due tomorrow. This is only for one class (I have two classes per day)
Today I had my jingdu (intensive reading?) class and then my first yuedu (reading) class. 

Language courses are split into four classes:

- jingdu (intensive reading?)
This is the most frequent class, with 4 classes a week. There is a big focus on new vocabulary and grammar structures.

- yuedu (reading)
This class is about learning how to read passages and answer questions. There is a focus on learning to read quicker and more efficiently.

-kouyu (speaking)
Exactly as what it means, this class focuses purely on speaking. One component of this is to do a presentation during the semester. During classes there are a lot of discussions and sharing information to the class. 

-tingli (listening)
I'm yet to have a listening class, but again I assume it'll be what it sounds like.


Two classes a day doesn't sound too bad, but when each class gives you a workload like above, and expects you to get it done tomorrow, you really don't have much time for anything else.

On top of these classes, the uni offers co-curricular classes too so once these start in the next two weeks it'll be even busier.

Today in yuedu, I learnt that my reading was not efficient enough, and I really don't need to understand every single Chinese word to understand the whole passage. I was a bit worried at first because my vocab isn't that great, but I found that it actually worked.

For my jingdu class, I have to get a start memorising those 56 words for tomorrow so brb. studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment